ACL Live at The Moody Theater announced today the return of The Wine Down, their music series presented by Rex Goliath Wines. In partnership with the 2nd Street District and Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau (ACVB), The Wine Down will return to the front porch of ACL Live for ten consecutive Wednesdays this spring, and will be hosted each week by a KGSR DJ. The popular music series has become an anchor to driving people down to 2ND Street to experience lively nights of shopping, eating and strolling down the 2ND Street corridor.
“We’re thrilled to be part of The Wine Down music series again this year and to showcase the bands on Austin Music Volume 12", said Amanda Garcia, Music Industry Manager at The Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau. “The compilation gives a glimpse at Austin’s diverse music scene and having ACL Live feature and celebrate local talent weekly is surely an event to look forward to.”
All artists performing at The Wine Down are featured on the ACVB’s upcoming release of Austin Music Volume 12, the Bureau’s annual compilation of Austin music. The CD will be released late Spring 2013 and features 15 eclectic and diverse tracks of both established and up-and-coming Austin artists.
Each week a different restaurant from the district and surrounding downtown area will be on-site at the front porch providing food samples while guests enjoy happy hour priced wines from Rex Goliath Wines. The 2013 series kicks off Wednesday, April 3rd and runs through June 5th.
2013 The Wine Down on Wednesday Schedule:
• April 3rd Omar & The Howlers with bites from III Forks
• April 10th Side Show Tragedy with bites from Cantina Laredo
• April 17th Pachanga Presents Este Vato with bites from Hickory Street
• April 24th Emily Bell with bites from Pelóns Tex Mex
• May 1st Suite 709 with bites from Bonneville
• May 8th Whiskey Shivers with bites from Trace
• May 15th Jitterbug Vipers with bites from Coal Vines
• May 22nd The Boxing Lesson with bites from Crú
• May 29th Dana Falconberry with bites from Frank
• June 6th Ruby Jane with bites from La Condesa