8 Austin Non-Profits That'll Warm Your Heart
Photo: Shutterstock / Jaromir Chalabala
Want to be part of something magical? Like raising $9 million in 24 hours, magical? Amplify Austin is looking to do just that on March 2nd! For one day, Amplify Austin brings the whole city together with a day of online giving. So you don't even need to leave your house to donate to your favorite non-profit!
Over the past four years, Amplify Austin has raised over $24.7M for hundreds of local organizations. Plus if you donate on Amplify Austin Day, there are many donors who will match donations, dollar for dollar.
Want to help Amplify Austin raise $9 million? Here are just a few of KGSR's favorite non-profits that need our help (in alphabetical order):
- Art Alliance Austin: Established in 1956, Art Alliance Austin engages people with great art by supporting Austin's most promising visual artists and arts organizations to build a vibrant, informed community. The Austin focused non-profit promotes and funds visual art by commissioning art works and producing a diverse series of cultural experiences that bring artists, art buyers, collectors, and the public together while generating economic benefit for the entire city. Art Alliance Austin produces the city's original Fine Arts Festival, Art City Austin, the largest art marketplace in central Texas, as well as produces or underwrites several events during the year such as the ARTBASH, PechaKucha Nights and the Austin Art Breaks.
- Central Texas Food Bank: The mission of the Central Texas Food Bank is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in ending hunger.
- Austin Humane Society: The Austin Humane Society's mission is to provide comprehensive, humane, and life-saving animal services, transforming the lives of animals and those who love them. As the largest no-kill, non-profit pet adoption center in Austin, the Austin Humane Society is dedicated to: Saving Austin's homeless cats and dogs; Educating our community about responsible pet ownership; Reducing pet over-population
- Family Eldercare: Supporting seniors and adults with disabilities in Central Texas to live with dignity in their communities by providing them and their caregivers with essential individualized services.
- Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAAM): The mission of Health Alliance for Austin Musicians is to provide access to affordable health care for Austin's low income, working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness.
- SIMS Foundation: The SIMS Foundation provides access and financial support for mental health and addiction recovery services to Austin musicians, music industry professionals, and their family members.
- The Seton Fund: Seton's mission is to care for and improve the health of those we serve, with a special concern for the poor and the vulnerable. With the help of our generous supporters throughout the community, we've been able to carry out this important mission since the Daughters of Charity founded Seton more than 100 years ago.
- MILESTONE COMMUNITY BUILDERS' PICK | Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and their families.
And the list of non-profits that need our help goes on and on. Seriously, click here to see.
As the saying goes, even a little bit goes a long way. Amplify Austin starts at 6p on March 2nd and we know you'll feel good helping out your neighbors!
Want to keep that good feeling going? Find your MileStone Home in North Austin, South Austin, Downtown, Buda, or the Hill Country! Milestone Community Builders is proud to be born & raised in Austin, Texas.